welcome to creekside community
This intentional living community will be a place of healing and comfort. It will feature a gathering center, gardens, permaculture areas, a park, playground, and a dog run.
The cottages, all with inviting porches, will vary in size to meet the needs of the residents, ranging from studios in multiplex buildings to two-bedroom or three-bedrooms.
Creekside Center will be the hub of activity. A kitchen and large gathering area, a classroom, therapy and property management offices, an exercise room, and an art and crafts area all will create a welcoming environment for the neighbors to meet, socialize, and learn new skills.
The property is located next to Whiskey Creek in Brainerd, a town in central Minnesota, and close to the Mississippi River. It is at the edge of town, surrounded by wildlife yet within walking distance to stores and services.
Where are we at in the process?
- Property is purchased and being surveyed.
- Home plans for Phase One are completed (fourplex).
- Engineering has been completed (civil, structural, architectural, and mechanical).
- We have a building permit and are ready to build a fourplex this fall once enough funds are raised.
- Creekside Center design plans are near completion.
- We are preparing plans for Conditional Use Permits for Phase Two, ready to present to the Planning Commission in October.
- Our application forms and resident handbook are complete.
- Classes and courses are being developed.
Sponsor a Home
We are raising the funds necessary to reach our goal of lifting people out of homelessness and into a safe, affordable home. Every donation will be an important step toward making this community of caring a reality.
Do you want to be part of the solution? Please go to our Donate link!
Phase One will be a fourplex with studio housing units. We were able to get a building permit before the new ordinances went into effect (which would require larger units and garages). The common entrance was required in the ordinances and while each unit is connected, they very much feel like individual homes. Wouldn’t it be wonderful to be able to get the first few people housed this winter?
Phase Two’s site plan and engineering is currently being worked on which will include a 12-plex unit (similar style to above) and the Creekside Center. These will contain both studios and family units. We have had some challenges in developing plans that will meet the city’s ordinances, but we are happy with the results and excited to reveal them soon! We are on the schedule to present the plan to the city when we apply for conditional use permits in October.